Hey, everybody! Today, I have a guest blogger. Yay!
Hi, my name is Eliana John and I am Kaynan's friend from Florida and today I would like to share with you some recipes.
1. Chicken Waldorf Salad Sandwiches
Very good and good for you. This recipe is from the Mayo Clinic I didn't make it up.
4 6-ounce (180 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
Chicken broth to cover
1\4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
1\4 cup (60 ml) sour cream
2 teaspoons (10 ml) grated orange zest
3 teaspoons (45 ml) fresh orange juice
1 medium Granny Smith apple,peeled, cored and diced
2 ribs celery, cut into 1\4-inch dice
12 slices artisan-style whole wheat bread,sliced thin
6 Boston lettuce leaves
1. Place the chicken breasts in a pan and cover with broth. Bring to a simmer and cook until done, about 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool in the broth, then cut into small dice.
2. In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, orange zest, and juice. Add the dressing to the chicken. Stir in the apple and celery.
3. Place a leaf of lettuce on each of the 6 slices of bread. Top with chicken salad and top with a second piece of bread. Refrigerate wrapped in plastic wrap, until ready to serve. Cut each sandwich in half.
2. Shrimp Dip
A great dish! And very easy!
1 small cream cheese
1\2 c. mayonnaise
1 1\2 T. lemon juice
1\4 c. green onion, chopped
1\2 c. celery, chopped
3 oz. baby shrimp
Mix and refrigerate.
3. Mediterranean Pasta Salad
I got this one from Gooseberry Patch.
12-oz. pkg. bowtie pasta, cooked
12-oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2-1\4 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
1 cucumber, chopped
1 pt. cherry tomatoes
3 T. sweet onion,chopped
8-oz. bottle balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
6-oz pkg. crumbled feta cheese
Rinse pasta with cold water; drain well. Toss together artichoke hearts and next 5 ingredients with pasta. Chill 2 to 3 hours. Toss with cheese before serving. Serves 8 to 10.